Viper Wire Rope Lubricators
The Viper MKII Wire Rope Lubricator range provides fast and effective cleaning and lubricating of wire ropes. Wire ropes from 6mm (1/4”) to 165mm (6-1/2”) in diameter can be greased at speeds up to 2,000 meters per hour.
The high strength cast aluminium collar is light weight and combined with design features such as the unique inbuilt carry handles the Viper WRL is easy to install and operate. The collars come complete with stainless steel hardware to provide maximum corrosion protection.
The Viper WRL package eliminates the HS&E risks associated with manual lubrication while delivering the best possible lubrication result for your wire ropes.
- Increases the life of wire rope assets by up to 300% compared to manual lubrication
- Reduces relubrication time of ropes from several days to several hours compared to manual lubrication
- Safer work environment Environmental benefit with less lubricant used and discarded into the environment
Viper WRL Variants
The Viper WRL is available in three sizes, Maxi MKII, Mid MKII and Mini MKII. Constructed from high grade, cast aluminium with a robust protective coating. Each of the Viper Wire Rope Lubricators are supplied in a robust aluminium storage case, with all the components required to get you started.
Viper Maxi MKII
wire ropes between
50mm and 165mm
Viper Mid MKII
wire ropes between
6mm and 67mm
Viper Mini MKII
6mm tot 36mm
Health Safety & Environment
The Viper WRL was developed with safety and the environment in mind. When used correctly the Viper WRL has several Health, Safety and Environment benefits.
- Every gram of grease goes on the rope
- Does not leak meaning no mess
- No wasted lubricant
- Light weight allows for safe application
- There is no direct contact with the lubricant
- The rope can be lubricated from a safe distance
The Viper Seal
What makes the viper WRL seal so special?
The unique Viper seal design is at the heart of the Viper WRL package. The selected polyurethane material is wear resistant to ensure long service life but still flexible enough to mould to the rope. This flexibility helps reduce leakage but more importantly massages the lubricant into the rope, thus increasing penetration of the lubricant and the protection from corrosion that this provides.
Other wire rope lubricators tend to simply coat the outside of the rope. The length of the Viper Mid and Maxi collar / seal combination also increase the dwell time that the rope has with the lubricant, which also helps with application and ultimately leads to longer rope life and extended lubrication intervals
Viper seals are proven to have lasted for > 15,000 metres of rope.
What this means for you
· The selected polyurethane has high abrasion resistance properties, meaning it is resistant to wear. This enables the seal to be used to lubricant thousands of meters of rope without being replaced.
Seal Design/Rib Length
· The internal design of the Viper seals allows them to mould to the rope.
· This creates a pumping action massaging lubricant into the rope. As the seal moulds to the rope, there is constant contact, which enables consistent lubrication.
Length of Seal
· Increased dwell time between the rope and the seal allows for increased opportunity for the lubricant to be massaged into the rope structure.
The Viper WRL Scraper plates enable safe entry of broken wires into the seal ensuring the rope and seal is not damaged.
Viper Rope Cleaners
Viper Rope Cleaners enable the removal of contamination or built up old lubricant from the wire rope prior to lubrication, improving the effectiveness of the lubrication process via the Viper WRL. Viper Rope Cleaners (VRC’s) are available in left and right hand lay, to suit 6 and 8 strand ropes and other strand configurations on request.
For certain types of wire ropes where the standard Viper Rope Cleaner is not suitable the Viper ‘Smooth Bore’ rope cleaner is available. The Smooth Bore Rope Cleaner would typically be used on hose ropes with a large number of outer strands, some nonrotational ropes, ROV cables, etc, where the valleys between the strands are minimal and do not readily facilitate a standard Viper Rope Cleaner.
VMRCS Manual Rope Cleaner
To achieve optimum visual inspection of wire rope assets it is critical that old lubricant and contamination is removed from the outer strands and valleys of the rope, prior to inspection. Viper WRL has revolutionised the process of cleaning ropes by combining CAD based design with manufacturing techniques and composite materials to deliver the Viper Manual Rope Cleaner Solution Kit. This kit is used in conjunction with our Viper Rope Cleaners (VRC).
Why use the VMRCS Wire Rope Cleaner
- Effectively removes external contamination on wire ropes so visual inspection of rope can take place.
- Safer for staff, reduced lubricant usage, less leakage and mess.
- One-person job – easy to install and use.
- No tools required, very easy and fast to install.
- Reduced downtime associated with rope lubrication which improves equipment availability.
- Less wear on sheaves and winch drums.
- Removes contamination in the valleys of the rope to provide improved lubricant penetration.
- Unit has two support bushes spaced well apart giving the unit a lot of stability.
Viper: fast & safe (double click for full screen)
Viper Midi on a VLCC (double click for full screen)
telephone: +32 475 42 97 10
or ask a quote in: